Residential Lease 2023 – for Hampden & Bangor area apartments – non student housing lease
- Fill out an application here.
- We begin showing our Orono apartments to new tenants looking for housing for the following school year on January 5th each year. We give current tenants until then to renew their lease if they choose to. Contact our office in January to set up a time to see some places.
- Make a note of the “Available Date” on the listing as some of our Orono units are available to move into on June 1st or July 1st or August 1st or September 1st. We cannot hold an apartment for you. The lease must start on the designated date.
- All tenants pay for their own cable and internet services by setting up an account with a local provider. The most common provider used is Spectrum.
- Owners cover the cost of heating, water, sewer, plowing, and yard care at most of our properties.
- Most require tenants to set up an account with the electric company (207-973-2020) and pay for their electricity usage.
- Tenants are responsible for having the electricity service connected for the duration of the lease.
- All tenants sign one lease jointly and are all equally obligated to the lease terms and conditions.
- Pets – We do not allow dogs. Most properties will allow one cat with a $25 monthly pet fee. No other pets are allowed.
- Security Deposit – A security deposit equal to one month’s rent is due when you sign the lease. It must be paid in full for you to secure the apartment. One person on the lease is designated to receive the security deposit return at the end of the lease. That person is responsible for distributing funds to all tenants
- Rent Payments – Rent Payments are made online by tenants creating an online portal account where you can view your charges and make FREE ACH payments from your checking or savings account. If you use a credit or debit card, there is a transaction fee.